A report from the National Care Care Counsel shows that most personal vehicles do not get the maintenance they need. When it comes to a service fleet and extreme hot and cold temperatures couple with mountainous driving condition in Southern Oregon, that can’t happen. Here is where those vehicles in the study were deficient. Don’t let it happen to your fleet or business.
- 25% of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 13% had low or contaminated brake fluid.
- 18% had dirty air filters.
- 17% had inadequate cooling protection or low coolant levels.
- 16% needed new windshield wiper.
- 27% had low or contaminated washer fluid.
- 18% needed new belts.
- Overall, 89% of vehicles were in need of at least one service or repair.
Here are the steps we recommend to preventing these deficiencies in your Southern Oregon service fleet and avoiding costly down time and repairs to implement in your business with the help of All-Pro Fleet Services:
- Use a checklist to monitor all preventive maintenance activities to be performed during scheduled maintenance (this may differ for each class of vehicle).
- Track the service interval, or the frequency at which preventive maintenance will be performed on vehicles.
- A process for drivers to submit written inspections is needed.
- A process for drivers to submit written complaints, such as when a vehicle breaks down or is exhibiting symptoms that could indicate a problem
- An automotive facility where inspections, maintenance, and repairs will take place
- A staff of automotive technicians qualified to perform inspections, maintenance activities, and repairs
- A record-keeping method, which consists either of written documentation or software
- A process for ordering parts and maintaining spare parts inventory
Long-term costs for service fleet down-time and repairs far outweigh the regular maintenance and fleet management All-Pro Fleet Services provides to the Southern Oregon customers. Contact us today to discuss a maintenance service plan or learn more about the benefits here.